why is sex also referred to as “the birds and the bees” birds can’t fuck bees that’s fucked up thinking about it fucks me up
Because birds and bees are how flowers ‘have sex’ (per se) and reproduce. Don’t quote me on this particular bit but I imagine back when this expression came about it was common to try and get children to understand human reproduction via a nature and pollination analogy. So “Birds and Bees” is an obscure euphemism for pollination,and by extension, sex
are you kidding me
ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME
so my roommate often talks in his sleep
normally it’s just things in spanish, or gibberish, or fragments of sentences
but tonight his true colors came out and i hear him say excitedly
"Yeah guys, and now it’s time to Bedazzle everything.”
the best survey ever!!!
- name: [Undisclosed]
- name you want people to call you: Baroness Von Struedelpants
- have you ever eaten dog food?: That is neither here nor there my child but I will disclose that I didn’t not not eat it.
- 2 or 7?: 42
- what’s the first word that comes to mind when you think?: Superfluous
- french fries or not?: Mmm delicious not
- if or when?: When
- favorite word: Masticate. I’ll just leave you to chew that over. Unfunny Puns. Yay.
- gun metal or plum seduction?: Eulily
- 4th favorite color: The same as my 96th favourite
- something you wish you had in your country: Common sense
- 5 favorite seasons: Spring, Rabbit, Marathoned, Chicken Salt,
- favorite day of the next 2 years: The day I figure out what to do with my life in which I am very happy and content with my decision (please let that day be within 10 months)
- pick a font: no
- something you want 3x per day: I’m not going to say it
- age minus 12: 578
- is it spicy?: Of course why wouldn’t it be?
- cougars or cradle robbers?: Cougar robbers
- jay gatsby and/or phil simms?: Gotta be staring at that light, man.
- type a celebrity’s last name: Sherwood
- townhouse or houseboat?: Town boat. A big old boat parked right in the city center while I poke my head out the window and alternatebetween yelling incoherently at the young hooligans while brandishing my fist, and singing merry sea shanties
- according to _________?: This map, we should be here. But I can’t read maps so my opinion is useless.
HAHAHA GUESS WHAT SCIENTISTS JUST FOUND A PLANET THAT’S NOT SUPPOSED TO EXIST AND THEY CAN’T FIGURE OUT HOW IT WAS FORMED FUNNY HOW IT HAPPENS RIGHT AFTER THE 50TH
for fucks sake the image is even colored like gallifrey
literally every comment is about gallifrey
Are we ignoring something?
guys they even have a petition to name it Gallifrey why the fuck not
so i might be doing a genderswapped drawing of the cast (Psst it looks nothing like them don’t get high hopes haha)
Anyone want some of these done? I’m free all week so I’ll have time to do some photoshopping
but guys, you don’t even have to photoshop these things really:
hahahahahahaha just laughed my ass off … u guys rock … both of ya!
I knew about the wedding dress one but OH MY GOD I CAN’T EVEN REMEMBER THE SECOND ONE DAMN YOU MAKE AN ATTRACTIVE WOMAN
(As an aside, so does Diedrich/Oswald.)
btw which episode is that second one from, do you know? One in the Nicki years, obviously so not early on.
I really want to do a big drawing but I know I haven’t got the commitment to finish it
cometothefanny said: yeay thats great Im so happy for u dear See good things happen to good people N ur an amazing N a wonderful person so imagine all the awesome things thats coming ur way Now its a day off tomorrow maybe Brad waiting on ur doorstep to wish u marry xmas
Brad on my doorstep you say? Hahaha ironically I have this image in my head right now - At the C&B show they were introducing Moving People and Colin did his usual schtick of “If you want Brad to move his arm, you have to move it back and forth like this. If you want him to put his arm back down, you have to be the one to do so. If you want Brad to go home with you” *Waves arm around Brad’s crotch* “here’s a good area to focus on.” And the girl snuggled up to Brad’s arm and B turns away, crossed his fingers and chants ‘please please please’ up at the ceiling haha. I am now the one doing the ‘please please please’ chant XD
Q:you can answer this tomorrow, cause it looks like i'm late to the party, but i'm curious: who's your favourite character and why?
Oh my god, I have so much choice! Like just in general? I can’t even choose. I warn you though it’s probably not going to be one that a regular fandom blog would name haha. I don’t have a single favourite so I’ll give you a few that come to mind
Atticus Finch out of To Kill A Mockingbird has to be on my list. I’m tempted to name a child of mine after him one day. So much respect for him, man - to be able to go against society’s expectations when propriety and conformity were extremely ingrained in everyone in order to do what is ethically right rather than what is regarded as ‘proper’ in the opinion of everyone else is amazing. He has humility, understanding and refuses to treat children like they’re idiots. To Kill A Mockingbird is one of my favourite books, by the way.
John Savage out of Brave New World - same sort of reasons but also because he was the only real human in this world of manufactured people. And yet he still had prejudice and flaws and although he was the book’s hero, he was still also the Other and blinded by his own context. I love that although he was the hero, he was still wrong, in a way. He didn’t save the day or change anything. He just saw his own form of hell and killed himself in the end, and there’s something poignant about that.
Abby Sciuto out of NCIS - Brilliant mind, unafraid of what people think, independent but so loving and enthusiastic.
Niles Crane out of Frasier - I LOVED this show, oh my god. Was absolutely addicted to it because I finally found a comedy with a bit of wit to it.
Frank out of Rocky Horror, Daphne & the Captain out of Some Like It Hot (Favourite movie), Jessica Rabbit because looks are deceiving
i just want to scream now! Haha All that anxiety about for nothing. Just to update you guys, my job stresses me out and provokes my anxiety. Last night it got to tears, headache, and the heavy, sick, gripped feeling I get in my chest. Not a full blown panic attack but just general panic ridden anxiety.
So about half an hour ago, work rang. “Jo, we’re not opening your section today, you can have the DAY OFF.” Oh my god. I’m an odd mix of laughing and annoyed that i let my screwed up brain take over like that for nothing.
You were all so wonderful to me. I’m always breath-taken with how amazing and kind my followers are to me,